Thursday, January 27, 2011

Inception

Great movie, right?  Right.

From this point forward, read this and every future entry with a pretentious English accent.  It will all come together swimmingly.  And, go!

"Inception" is the planting of an idea.  Luckily for me, my mind is full of fertile soil awaiting the seeds of creation.  A good friend of mine asked me today, "Travis, why don't you have a blog?  You have interesting things to say."

Thank you for noticing.

I am taking an Acting class, and our assignment for next week is to write an autobiography, a telling of our accomplishments, fears, hopes, dreams, struggles, and of course, the facts surrounding our coming into being.

Mission:  Accepted.

She said our autobiography only needed to be a few pages long.  At this statement, I found myself struck with disappointment.  I don't want to only write a few pages!  My life demands a higher word count!  I am more interesting than a few pages!

Thank you for agreeing.  You are so kind.

And I wondered, "In what way can I truly capture my trudging journey through the human condition?"  Answer:  a blog!  Truly hum-drum, I know.  However, I find myself gifted with a firm grip on the English language, or so I've been told.  I am truly convinced that my life is interesting and worth sharing, and my goal is to convince the cosmos of the Internet the same!

Furthermore, to do my autobiography justice, it must contain more than my first twenty-one years of life.  What can one accomplish in two short decades?  What have I accomplished?

I'm glad you asked.  I'll tell you:  a blog on the Internet.

That's right!  I'm just getting started!  This will be an ongoing project for me.  My goal is to write down every significant memory I have and have ever had (which should be all of them).  After all, if the memory is of or concerning me, it must be significant.  I will write down every slight sliver of memory while grossly over-embellishing the minutiae, whether the details are true or fantastical.

In the creation of this adventure, I will maintain the integrity of some names, while fabricating others.  It is in the interest of national security.

Really?  Yes, really.

Strap yourselves in.  It's going to be a bumpy, bumpy ride through my consciousness.  My consciousness is, after all, quite bumpy.

3 comments:

  1. I posted. Apparently it didn't stick the first time.

    Bumps. Rashes. I'm in.

    You should have labels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here. And I expect more than bumps. Go rash or go home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only a few pages?! Pah, who does she think you guys are, a bunch of nobodies?

    Write this stuff down until your head explodes.

    ReplyDelete